Instructions for Authors of Accepted Papers
Authors of accepted papers are requested to submit the final version of their manuscript by:
- October 11, 2021, for full papers and fast-track papers.
- October 18, 2021, for demo papers, doctoral symposium papers, and workshop papers.
Formatting checks are enforced in the submission phase for final manuscripts. Please allow extra time to fix any formatting errors and use PDF eXpress to generate a compliant file. Final papers can be prepared and submitted following these steps:
Step 1 – Prepare your final paper
- Papers must be written in English using the available IEEE conference templates (10-point font) for LaTeX or Microsoft Word. Formatting may not be altered. IEEE conference templates can be found here: https://www.ieee.org/conferences/publishing/templates.html
- For IEEEtran class in LaTeX, use the following as the first line in your LaTeX source file:
- Note that with IEEE conferences, the author affiliation is listed under the author’s name, unlike IEEE transactions.
- Accepted papers should be revised to address as much as possible the reviewers’ comments and suggestions.
- Any changes to the paper title must be approved by the TPC co-chairs, and no changes to the author list will be allowed.
- The page limits (including figures, tables, and references) for final papers are:
- six (6) pages for full papers, workshop papers, and late-stage papers of the doctoral symposium.
- four (4) pages for fast-track papers and early-stage papers of the doctoral symposium.
- two (2) pages for demo papers.
- However, authors can pay USD 100 for one additional page during conference registration (see step 3).
- Do not add page numbers and headers/footers to the paper! The top margin is at least 75in or 1.9cm, respectively, whereas the bottom margin is at least 1.0in or 2.54cm, respectively. This space is required to stamp conference/track name, copyright notice, and page numbers during the production process of the conference proceedings.
- Users of the Microsoft Word templates must remove the incomplete copyright notice in the footer and are requested to move the text box for funding grants, if used, upwards above the footer into the first column on the first page.
- Users of the Microsoft Word A4 template have to manually adjust the top margin on the first page to 1.9cm.
Step 2 – Verify that the PDF file of your final paper is compatible with the IEEE Xplore publication requirements
- Authors are required to use IEEE PDF eXpress to check if the PDF file of their paper is compliant to the latest IEEE Xplore requirements. Papers that are not compliant will not be included in the proceedings nor published.
- Log in to the PDF eXpress website: https://ieee-pdf-express.org
- First-time users should do the following:
- Select the “New Users – Click Here” link
- Enter the following:
- 53031X for the Conference ID
- your email address
- a password
- Continue to enter information as prompted
- An online confirmation will be displayed and an email confirmation will be sent verifying your account setup.
- Previous users of PDF eXpress need to follow the above steps but should enter the same password that was used for previous conferences. Verify that your contact information is valid.
- Do NOT use ‘Approve for collection’ in PDF eXpress Plus, if requested.
- The validated PDF obtained from PDF eXpress is the file that you must upload as a final version. It includes a label in the PDF metadata that certifies the compatibility with IEEE Xplore.
Step 3 – Register to the conference
- The registration website is currently set up. Please continue with step 4 and come back to this step once the setup has been finished.
- To be published in the IEEE NFV-SDN 2020 Conference Proceedings and to be eligible for publication in IEEE Xplore, an author of an accepted paper is required to register for the conference at the FULL AUTHOR (member or non-member) rate and the paper must be presented by an author of that paper at the conference.
- For authors with multiple accepted papers, one FULL AUTHOR registration is valid for up to three papers.
- During the registration process, authors are allowed to pay 100 USD for one (1) additional page for each accepted paper. Please list the EDAS paper number and the paper title in the conference registration form for every paper for which an additional page is purchased. Papers that exceed the respective page limits (see step 1) will not be included in the proceedings nor published.
- For conference registration and details on discounts, please visit: https://nfvsdn2021.ieee-nfvsdn.org/registration
Step 4 – Sign the Copyright Form for each paper
- Authors of each accepted paper must fill and sign the IEEE eCopyright Form.
- The electronic copyright form can be accessed via EDAS (https://edas.info), by selecting the “My Papers” tab, then selecting the paper title, and finally clicking on the “+” sign corresponding to the “copyright form” field.
- This will walk you through a series of steps. Make sure that the title/author list is EXACTLY as in your final camera-ready paper.
Step 5 – Upload your final camera-ready paper
- The final camera-ready paper has to be uploaded via EDAS (https://edas.info) by selecting the “My Papers” tab, then selecting the paper title.
- Please double-check the information that you provide during submission, including the title of the paper and abstract as well as the name, affiliation, and e-mail address of each author.
- Please list authors in order of authorship. Be aware that you cannot add any co-author at this stage.
- Please assign one of the paper’s authors to present the paper at the conference.
The IEEE reserves the right to exclude a paper from distribution after the conference (including its removal from IEEE Xplore) if the paper is not presented at the conference. Papers are reviewed on the basis that they do not contain plagiarized material and have not been submitted to any other conference at the same time (double submission). These matters are taken very seriously and the IEEE Communications Society will take action against any author who engages in either practice.
If you have any questions on creating and/or submitting the camera-ready paper, please do not hesitate to contact the publication co-chairs:
- Chiara Contoli, University of Bologna, IT – email@example.com
- Helge Parzyjegla, University of Rostock, DE – firstname.lastname@example.org